In my opinion happiness is pretty much a mindset and not solely achievable through successful business endeavors, money or other people. While a great job, a healthy savings account or great friends certainly contribute to feeling content, happiness is something you have to choose, so I tought I’d share some of the things I’ve found out over the past couple of years on how to live a happy life.
1. Don’t compare yourself to others! It’s easy to think that someone else has it better or easier than you do, just don’t forget that everybody struggles with something and most battles people fight are not visible for outsiders.
2. Surround yourself with positive people! It’s scientifically proven that the people you surround yourself with can either propell you forward or drag you down. So make sure you have the right kind of people around you.
3. Be kind! I can’t emphasise this enough and everybody who knows me can attest to the fact that I’m a huge believer in being kind. Sometimes a simple smile, compliment or honest thank you can go a long way.
6. Don’t fret! Worrying will never change the outcome of any situation. I’d like to believe that everything will work out the way it’s supposed to and that most of it will make sense in hindsight.
4. Be grateful no matter what! Certainly easier said than done, but once you figure out how to see the silver lining in every situation your life will get so much easier.
I don’t know if I ever mentioned it, but I have a huge weak spot for pretty wall art. I love myself a nice gallery wall with photographs of the last five vacations or just simple art prints which can range from fine art photography to drawings or quotes written in pretty calligraphy. Basically I want it all, and if could (meaning if it wouldn’t look like I was a crazy person) I’d probably put them all on my walls. As it is however, I’m currently planning a little picture nook in my bedroom and I would like maybe one or two nice prints to mix with some of my photos, so I’ve browsed the web a little and struck gold at Society6. Ever heard of that platform? So many amazing artists sell their art there and I’ve included some of my favorite prints below. You can also find links to the artist’s stores at the end of the post. Be sure to check out the rest of their work.
Hey there! I hope you had a lovely weekend and spent some time spoiling your mom’s on yesterday?! Since we have almost reached mid-May by now, it’s safe to say that aside from Mother’s Day wedding season is in full swing and chances are, you are invited to one or more celebrations over the next few months. So I thought it would be nice to share some inspiration on what to wear. In my opinion pretty much everything goes in terms of wedding attire as long as it’s neither white nor black and preferably easy on the glitz and glam as you don’t want to draw more attention to yourself than the bride. While I’m normaly not necessarily one for wearing pink, this dress caught my eye immediately with it’s lovely draping in the front and it also has the perfect cut and length in my opinion. What do you think? Are there anymore no gos when it comes to choosing an outfit for a wedding?
One of my pet-peeves is not finding what I am looking for. Generally speaking and also when it comes to trends. So for example last year I stumbled up these awesome gold / metallic tattoos in a magazine and thought that they looked awesome! Unfortunately I couldn’t for the life of me figure out where to get them. Luckily though, it’s seems that trend has only gotten bigger this year, so now you can get these tattoos practically anywhere. Just in case you are still looking for them I thought I’d share a list of online shops where you can get them. These shops are located pretty much all over the world, so wherever you are, you shouldn’t have trouble getting some. Mine are already enroute to me and I can’t wait to wear them this summer.
Summer time is travel time and I could name about at least 10 people here at work or in my circle of friends that are currently on vaction or preparing for an upcoming trip. Since we all know that travelling is way more relaxed and convenient if you are well prepared, I thought I’d share my 5 favorite travel apps with you! Maybe some of them will come in handy for your next trip too.